The Bassac is entirely built of wood, from the hull of an 80-foot-long rice barge.
She can accommodate up to 12 passengers in six nicely decorated cabins, each with air-con and a private bathroom, and features a 100 sqft restaurant that opens all around, a large gallery, a small office room and 700 sqft of sundeck.
The Bassac can take her passengers on cruises up to seven days without stopping, and offers a great flexibility in programming your journey.
Main technical facts:
- Flag: Vietnam
- Class: VR-SI, river cruiser
- Displacement: 107 metric tons
- Length: 24.40m
- Beam: 5.50m
- Draft: 1.50m half-loaded
- Propulsion: Caterpillar 14,6 liters, 400 BHP, built to run 5000 hours per year
- Navigation: Can operate by night and in bad weather
- Autonomy: 7 days cruise
Owing to its large new engine and revised hydraulics, the Bassac can pull up to 10 knots and face the powerful Mekong, even facing strong currents.
As the Bassac has a shallow draft, she can go through all the main waterways regardless of the tide.
- Kids under 2 are FOC
- Kids under 12 pay 50%
- Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, American Express
- Foreign languages spoken: English, French