- Explore the canal network of Mekong Delta
- Enjoy the senses of the bustling Cai Rang floating market
- Experience the culture and taste the typical foods with special cuisines.
Good for :
- This tour is great for any individuals, couples as well as small groups who want to briefly explore Mekong Delta
Detailed Itinerary of Mekong Delta 3 days trip:
Day 1: Saigon – Cai Be (L, D)
- At 7h30 in the morning, Far East Tour’s driver picks you up at your hotel in Ho Chi Minh City and transfer the heart of the Mekong Delta. En route, pass farmers tending their fields and drying their produces on the sides of the road.
- Boarding at Cai Be at noon. Welcome drink. Introduction to the ship and crew, check in the cabins.
- Departure towards Cho Lach on the Tien Giang river.
- Lunch en route. Rest on the deck.
- Turning into Cho Lach canal for 30 minutes through the traffic of sand and rice barges, in a scenery of fruit drying facilities and wooden ship building yards.
- Visit of a village on the banks of river Mang Thit, an opportunity to appreciate the way of life and hospitality of the local inhabitants. Visit of the orchard or rice fields nearby.
- Boarding back, complimentary drink as a welcome back on board. Rest on the deck enjoying the sunset. The crew will serve dinner while the Bassac is cruising Mang Thit river.
- The Bassac sets anchor just downstream from the little Tra On floating market, for the night.
Day 2: Cai Be – Can Tho (B, L, D)
- Breakfast is available from 06:30, while the ship is cruising the Tra On floating market. The ship then departs towards Can Tho.
- Arrival in Cai Rang floating market, transfer onto a local boat to visit the floating market, the nearby arroyos and gardens and return to the Ninh Kieu pier.
- Boarding back, welcome drink and departure towards upstream river Bassac. Lunch is served on board while en route.
- Upon arrival at Thot Not, transfer on a long boat for a visit of a bamboo-knitting village near the Thot Not bird park, at the time the egrets return home from a day out.
- Boarding back before dusk, a welcome drink and the dinner are served on board while en route.
- Rest on the deck before the night. The Bassac drops anchor upstream of Long Xuyen for the night.
Day 3: Can Tho – Chau Doc (B)
- Breakfast is served from 6:30 AM, as the Bassac is on its way upstream the river towards Chau Doc.
- Upon arrival at Chau Doc, check-out and transfer onto a local boat for the visit of a village of the Muslim Cham minority, then get disembarked and transferred to Saigon City. Tour ends. Far East Tour awaits to serve you next time.